As with any walking adventure, we explore different trails, each with its own character and demands. All are part of the journey, but each one asks different things and offers different delights.
The Padakun Centre for Contemplative Walking is directed in its efforts at 5 “trails”:
- developing and presenting original theory about contemplative walking
- sharing current and historical experiences of contemplative walkers
- examining the “contextual dynamics”* of contemplative walking
- cultivating and training in the forms and practices of contemplative walking
- developing and promoting applications of walking for social action and change
By ” contextual dynamics” we mean those exterior factors which influence and shape our contemplative experience. These can include trail design, urban planning, historical factors, eco-psychological factors and psycho-geographical factors.